So, I left the Turning Point with a blue thingie at the bottom of my name tag. Yes, I decided to go for the coaching program. I joined Cub Net.
During the goal setting portion of the program, I realized that I have a lot on my plate right now.
- I love buyer's markets and want to make the most of this one
- This would be a good time to reinvent myself as a listing agent, and I've never been good at dealing with sellers whose homes do not fly off the shelf
- My weight needs more of a reduction than the price of my listing near Dupont Circle, and I am trying to figure out how to best handle upcoming knee replacement surgery
- My house is recovering from bathroom replacement surgery, and it needs a bunch more work to make it fabulous
- Once The Irreverent Guide to Real Estate came out, I didn't really make the time to do any marketing. This book is something I'm proud of and want to figure out the next step, which is finding an agent and a major publisher.
By Friday afternoon, it was clear that, as fired up as I felt about the Turning Point and all that I'd learned, I need professional help.
At one point, Brian Buffini was describing his coaching staff. There was one guy who sort of stood out as maybe being the perfect coach for me - a retired Green Beret! I'll bet that guy totally kicks butt! I think he's my coach!