OK, you all! I know that 2008 was a funky year for some of us, and there must have been some wonderful successes out there!
So here's a little reminder to write yours up and submit it to the 2008 Success Contest! The deadline is 12:00 noon on January 6th - that would be tomorrow!
Go for it!
On December 23rd, I announced a Year-End Active Rain Contest. The deadline for entries was December 30, 2008. I hate to change up the rules mid-course -- I've had it done to me before when I entered contests. Of course, it's not fair to those who diligently followed the rules and were prompt with their entries.
However, this tiime around an extension is warranted. The contest was announced right before Christmas, during Chanukah, and during a time that many people are away, out of town, and appropriately spending their time away from real estate, blogging, and spending it with their family and friends. Thus, many normally active Active Rainers were not blogging this past week, let alone thinking about a blogging contest.
Thus, we've extended the deadline for contest entries by one week to Tuesday, January 6th. So get writing about your success!
Here again are the official rules:
ANNOUNCING A YEAR-END ACTIVE RAIN CONTEST:
Let's end 2008 with a bang and get motivated for a terrific 2009.
Nobody will argue against the fact that this year's real estate market has been challenging whether you're a veteran or a rookie. However, you and I know that the over 125,000 members of Active Rain are a cut above the ordinary.
Lots of us have incorporated blogging and participation on Active Rain into our regular routine and many have had tales of great success. If you're a member of the Active Rain Block Party group, you've surely read some great success stories throughout the year.
Now's your chance to read some more and contribute your own. The goal of this contest is to motivate and inspire others about the power of the Active Rain Real Estate Network. Additionally, the end of the year is a time to join together and celebrate the successes of 2008.
Leave the bad news to the media. We're here to focus on the positive.
- The Active Rain Success Stories of 2008 Contest starts immediately and entries will be accepted until 12 PM NOON EST on January 6, 2009.
- Contest is open to ALL Active Rain Members -- agents, brokers, mortgage professionals, home inspectors, appraisers, etc. Success can touch everyone.
- PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR BEST ACTIVE RAIN SUCCESS STORY OF 2008. IT MUST BE A STORY THAT YOU HAVE NOT PREVIOUSLY WRITTEN ABOUT ON ACTIVE RAIN.
- BE CREATIVE. Just simply stating that you've closed 100 deals this year "because of Active Rain" will not win you the contest. We're looking for innovative stories, inspiration, as well as a well-formatted blog post.
- You must use the following Tags: "activerain success story" and "2008 success contest"
- Post your entry to the Active Rain Block Party group and the POSITIVE ATTITUDE for the Weary Soul group and any others that you wish.
Inspiring others and toasting your success! Shouldn't that be enough?
To sweeten the pot, here's a little more incentive:
1st Prize: 3000 Active Rain Points
2nd Prize: 1500 Active Rain Points
3rd Prize: 750 Active Rain Points
Honorable Mentions: 200 Points
Celeste "Sally" Cheeseman, Patricia Kennedy, and Jason Sardi will be carefully reading and critiquing your entries. I've been informed that they are all accepting bribes. Jason even accepts credit card payments.
Let's end 2008 and start 2009 with a celebration of our success!